Oily No More! Tips For Oily Skin Control
If you have a oily skin this is post for you! If your oily and you know it clap your hands: !!! : I am one of these lucky girls who have an extra oily skin, So after a few years of using foundation and make up in general I have discovered some tricks to make my skin less oily and my make up to last longer ;)
Here is what you need to know
1. clean face is a happy face - please make sure that you are using the right cleaning gel or whatever you use to wash your face. It has to be for your skin, it shouldn't break you out or dry your skin out..the way you know that the one you are using is the right one is when after using it on a daily basis your skin has approved and looks cleaner and healthier.
If it irritates your skin it is not the one!
I would recommend neutrogena, nivea, garnier, you pick your favourite.
Just remember to use it regularly, but don´t over do it, once a day after you take your makeup off is enough.
2. moisturize,moisturize,moisturize - this is so important for oily skin! If you dont moisturize your face it will actualy produce more oilys for your skin because your skin is going to be dry and it won't get that moisture that she needs.
So for controlling your oils, moisturizing is the key!
The perfect moisturizer is the one that when you put it on your skin you can barely see it, it has blended so well with your skin that is not even noticeable. And it won´t make you oily after a few hours of wearing it.
3. Primer - if you want your make up to last you have to use primers. Your make up will stay on your face so much longer. It doesn´t really matter which primer you choose. I have smoothing primer from Sephora, it keeps my skin mate and beautiful :)
4. Foundation or powder? - if you can choose only one which one would you say? If you have an oily face go with powder! It will stay on your face longer. Some powders come with the sponge so it is so much easier to apply. I have Rimmel Stay Matte and I use it for my everyday face. I use liguid foundations ONLY for going out or special accessions when I want to look flawles, so I can touch up my face If needed.
NOTE: Think about swiching from ligud to powders.
5. Setting powder - I found this step the most important. It is a clear, colour white powder so it goes on all skin shades. It doesn´t give you any colour it just sets your makeup and makes your skin mate. You can use it on your T-zone only or on your whole face.
It is a MUST for me, and after I started using this I didn´t have to worry about my face becoming a disco ball no more :)
6. Stripes - Ok, when EVERITHING fales you have these babies. You can find them everywhre. These look like little papers that you put on your oily spot on your face, you just press it and it takes all of the oils of your face without messing up your make up. It is basically like you just put a tissue on your face but better :D You can just trow it in your bag and if you are having a looong day and you will be good to go :)
Thank you so much for reading, hope this was helpful for all of you disco balls out there such as my self,
and if you have any other tips and tricks on how to stay matte let me know in the comments below
Stay matte ;)
Stay matte ;)